Bill is a Class A PGA Member with over 35 years experience teaching and playing in professional golf tournaments. Bill is a former touring pro and played in numerous PGA Tour events including two US Opens (1981 and 1986). Bill graduated from San Diego State and played on the golf team that was ranked between 2nd and 4th in the nation. Bill learned the game under Hall of Fame teacher and player Johnny Revolta (1935 PGA and Western Open Champion) and spent 18 years under his tutelage. Bill also spent time learning the game from Sam Snead, Claude Harmon, Lighthorse Harry Cooper, George Fazio, and George Low.
- 2014 IPGA Teacher of the Year Nominee
- Competed in two US Opens; 1981 & 1986
- Waterloo Iowa Open Champion, 1982
- IPGA Senior Classic Champion, 2013
- IPGA Senior Stroke Play Champion, 2013
- IPGA Senior Masters Champion, 2007
- IPGA Senior Masters Champion, 2006
- IPGA Assistant’s Championship Winner, 2004
- IPGA George Dune Classic Champion, 2004
- Dunes Invitational Champion, 2002
- Graduate of San Diego State (3 year letterman)
- 11 course records shot including: Evanston Golf Club (61/1996) and Chevy Chase (63/2003)
- Bill has recorded 7 holes in one. (7 more than Ben Hogan)
Bill is very passionate and enthusiastic about golf and carries that into his daily teaching. His teaching stresses strong fundamentals around which his students build "their" swings. Over his many years Bill has developed a masterful eye and treats the causes of his students swing problems rather than the symptoms.
|One Hour Lesson||$130|
|Half Hour Lesson||$70|
|5 - One Hour Lessons||$575|
|3 - One Hour Lessons||$360|
Learn About Bill Sakas’ Winter Specials
Your Golf Swing Program Use this off-season to finally learn “YOUR GOLF SWING” through a program created by Bill Sakas. The “YOUR GOLF SWING” program is designed to utilize technology used by PGA TOUR PROFESSIONALS to produce more consistent golf shots and eliminate your bad swing habits. Use the technology the pros use every day […]
What Bills Student's Are Saying
I have played golf since I was 12 years old (59 today) and without question my game has improved over the past 4-5 years since taking regular lessons with Bill Sakas. His knowledge of the golf swing coupled with his unique ability to tailor the right approach to each student’s particular swing are the factors that I believe have helped me achieve success and a lower handicap. Since working with Bill, I have won multiple club championships at Green Acres Country Club (both regular and senior). Bill makes instruction simple and enjoyable and he is accessible either in scheduling lessons or with phone calls or emails asking questions about technique or particular issues.